What Comes Next?
Edwin “Ed” Pawlowski is the former mayor of Allentown, Pennsylvania. Pawlowski first became mayor in 2006, and he held the office until his resignation on March 9, 2018, when he was found guilty of 47 charges in total:
- one count of conspiracy,
- eleven counts of federal program bribery,
- two counts of attempted extortion,
- six counts of mail fraud,
- nine counts of wire fraud,
- two counts of honest services mail fraud,
- six counts of honest services wire fraud,
- seven counts of making false statements to federal officials,
- and three counts of Travel Act bribery.
Center for the Advancement of Public Integrity,
United States v. Pawlowski: Prosecuting Corruption in a Post-McDonnell World,
Available at: https://scholarship.law.columbia.edu/public_integrity/29